Registration: New Team Members (Tryouts)
REGISTRATION TIME LINE
• February to March: Existing Team members notify the team on their return. This helps us determine the number of available positions for new team members.
• Early March: Team will formulate opening in its various age groups and practice groups. With two main practice groups, we need to limit the number of swimmers per practice group to insure manageable lanes for a quality learning environment.
• Gold: 60 swimmers
• Silver: 30 swimmers
• Bronze: 30 swimmers
• Developmental “Ducks”: 20 swimmers
Immediately following the swim evaluations, all families will be notified.
• April: At a day and time TBA via email, there will be a meet and greet with the head coach and PSC Parent Board. The team's swim suit vendor will have competition suits available for ordering and purchasing.
OPEN HOUSE EVALUATION
We welcome all young athletes from 4 years and up to be part of our team.
Please see the March calendar for the specific date or contact Coach Kelly. If you have missed the Open House Evaluation, you may contact Coach Kelly to set up a specific day and time at PSC for an evaluation.
The evaluations will take place in the PSC indoor pool.
The Open House Evaluations will start in the morning. Times for each age group (11 & over, 10 & under, 8 & under, 6 under), will be announced via email. If you are not on the mailing list, please contact Coach Kelly.
Email Coach Kelly if you will be attending. Please confirm the name(s) and age(s) of your swimmer(s). If your child is a sibling of a current team member, please make note.
Print out the evaluation form and complete the first section of the form.
Print out and complete the PSC waiver form.
Bring them both to the Open House Evaluation.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the evaluation start times (see below). Age is based on the LBSL (league) age-
Coach Kelly will typically evaluate each swimmer in 2 strokes. The youngest swimmers may be evaluated in freestyle only. Coach Kelly will then speak with the swimmer & family and provide feedback.
We will issue new registration codes, so that new families can register online. We want to give ample time for all families to find a summer swim program for their child in the event that the PSC Swim Team has no availability.
• April: At a day and time TBA via email, we will have a meet and greet with the head coach and PSC Parent Board. The team's swim suit vendor will have competition suits available for ordering and purchasing.
Our program has four practice levels: gold, silver, bronze, and developmental “ducks”. We feel that we have a practice level suitable for any swimmer who can swim at least a lap of the pool freestyle and backstroke. The Developmental Ducks (4 to 6) and Bronze (7 to 8) work on learning the four strokes, starts, and turns. We don't do high volume lap training with these groups. Instead, we focus on instruction one lap at a time. Silver (11 years of age and younger) is an introduction to the training process for younger less experienced swimmers. Gold (11 and over, and experienced 10 & under age group) is for advanced swimmers who have been swimming competitively for a few years. It should be noted that we continue to instruct and teach in the Silver and Gold levels just at a quicker pace. More detailed information on the Practice Groups can be found on the Practice Groups Page.
1 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA 18914-
© 2018 PSC HP
Stingrays Swim Team